The price of petrol has gone up AGAIN and we’re already a little strapped for cash even though it’s still the first week of the month. Here are a few ways to go where you need to go and save a little petrol in the process. Remember: Lighter on the accelerator is lighter on your pocket.
- Always try to drive in a higher gear, the lower the gear, the more petrol you use.
- Time the robots so that you don’t have to come to a complete stop. When you do accelerate from a complete stop you use more petrol than when you’re in motion.
- Service your car regularly and try to avoid using the aircon.
- Keep your windows closed so not to avoid air resistance and check your tyre pressure.
- Travel at a regular speed and avoid traffic and congestion at all costs.
- Don’t carry unnecessary weight in your car.
- Though you won’t save time by sticking to the speed limit, you’ll be saving money and you’ll be a lot safer on the roads.
- No unnecessary trips. Your car isn’t a taxi and if your friends what to go somewhere, then they should agree to drive next time, or they should help you fill up! It’s only fair!