If first impressions count what better way to impress than with naturally healthy skin that is well taken care of. A facial is the first step to giving your skin that boost it needs, and what’s better is that if you go to a Sorbet Man, you’ll get more than you bargained for.
Before the therapists start the facial they do a face mapping skin analysis. The face is divided into 14 zones which are evaluated individually to identify any skin conditions. This is so the therapist can recommend the correct products and course of action for you to take at home. It’s recommended to get a face mapping every 4 to 6 weeks to make sure you’re skincare regime is on the right track.
It’s actually very easy to take care of your face if you have the right products and advice. If you don’t have any products or haven’t been for a mapping yet, here are a few tips to remember:
- Stress impacts the skin in a big way. Reduce your stress levels and keep cool under pressure. Breakouts are common, especially at this time of the year.
- Hydration is key to beautiful and youthful skin. Remember those 8 glasses of water every day and adapt your diet to be healthier, you’ll look a lot better because of it.
- ALWAYS apply sunscreen. The sun has the biggest impact and is dangerous, though it might seem simple or you think since you’re indoors or in the car, it’s not necessary, but UV rays still affect you throughout the day. To avoid acne, early ageing and pigmentation use sunscreen every day.
- Cleanse your skin before bed. There are a lot of environmental factors that impact your skin like the pollution in the air, car fumes and the climate. By cleansing your skin before bed, you’re removing the days sweat and allow your skin to optimally rejuvenate itself while you’re asleep.
- Get yourself some of the basics and stick to your routine. Everyone needs a daily cleanser and exfoliator to use three times a week. Sunscreen is a must and so is a great day and night cream.