As the summer season draws closer, we can all start to look forward to enjoying some time outdoors, soaking up the sunshine and of course, getting into the spirit of the festive season. Need to stock up on some summer essentials to ensure that you are ready to have some fun in the sun? Why not consider some green goodies that help support our natural heritage?
We live in a megadiverse country with some of the world’s richest biodiversity. The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF South Africa) offer some must-have items that are local, sustainable, support conservation and encourage people to get out and experience the beauty of South Africa’s natural environment. WWF works in a range of areas to protect our natural resources – oceans, land, wildlife – so that we can continue to benefit from everything nature provides us with such as food, energy and fresh water.
Available on the WWF SA online store, all products are ethically or sustainably sourced and are made of recycled or recyclable material or from 100% African cotton where applicable.
Among the eco-friendly products on offer are:
▪ Functional and stylish beach bags made of waste fabric that normally goes into landfills.
▪ Bold and beautifully designed recycled plastic t-shirts.
▪ An on-trend Bella handbag that is made out of recycled PET bottles.
▪ Reusable silicone straws that can be easily cleaned, folded and stored away.
▪ Colourful reusable water bottles to keep you hydrated – 450ml and 580ml.
With all these items, you will be ready to kick-start the summer season in style.
To view more sustainable products, visit https://shop.wwfsa.org.za/